Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Newest work

Last week I had my first full glassblowing session with a fellow student. One of our instructors was in the studio and did give us some helpful hints but we were pretty much on our own. It was a very good night. I had four pieces make it in the box and my partner had two. One of his hit the floor which is too bad since it was a nice looking piece. 

I have been promising some pics and I managed to take a few I don't totally hate last night. 

Here is a paperweight I had made in the first night of class:

Here is a small blue cup I made during a Valentine's open house I mentioned in an earlier post:


Here are a couple of a small blue tumbler I made last week:




Here are a couple vases I made last week as well:



The yellow and orange vase is my favorite one so far. I already have too many ideas for what I'd like to try and make for next week's session on Tuesday. One thing on my list is a tumbler big enough to hold at least 12oz of my favorite barley beverage that doesn't have a monster thick lip.

Thanks for reading!
-drew-

No comments: