Thursday, April 02, 2009

A couple new things

Here are a couple things I made last week. The green and white one is about 10 inches tall and was going to be my mom's birthday present until the bottom broke out when removing the punty. It will look good in my garden among the oregano patch though. 



This one is about 12 inches high and came out very nicely. I had one small problem on shaping the neck and it has a little pimple but it still looks nice and this one will at least hold water unlike the one above. 



I have a few more to post but since I am not back in the studio for a week I'll spread them out. 

Thanks for looking!
-drew-

2 comments:

andy b said...

Hey Drew,
Not sure how you blow but try blowing into some wet newspaper on a plate on the floor. This will help keep a thicker bottom. Don't blow so hard as the piece grows either. Blow lightly until the piece sets and then add more pressure. Two blows is better then one too, me thinks.
Looking good.

Drew Jaeger said...

Thanks Andrew,

I have been starting to have my partner do a bench blow while I paper the bottom. This has been helping me keep it thicker. The problem with the green and white one was more that the piece fell down onto the punty during the transfer and was stuck onto about half the bottom. A combination of the punty still being a bit too hot (my fault for not waiting) and my partner not being used to bigger pieces (no one's fault, just part of learning). Thanks!
-drew-